[From a news article about Janell’s school experience as she graduates]
…. Janell was diagnosed with dyslexia in second grade after falling behind her peers in reading. Her parents sent her to what later became Meadowbrook Educational Services and put her through an intense one-week class, where the instructor worked closely with her on connecting symbols with words.
Then Janell went back to school, joining her peers in regular classes. Through determination and perseverance and the help of her teachers and parents, she has achieved a grade-point average of 3.0 to 3.4.
Note: the ‘home visit’ refers to our traveling to clients in other states / countries. .
I’m very, very pleased with the results of your visit. I feel that it was invaluable. In fact, please feel free to put this on the website feedback if you wish:
“The changes in our son from the various therapies employed by Renie and Dorothy have been extraordinary. They know their ‘stuff’! Even more than the help for our son is the invaluable information that was shared with us, the parents. It helped us understand our son and helped us make changes in what we were doing that support and assist him in continuing to do well. Magic? No. But the results are truly magical!! We cannot thank you enough for all the help and the wealth of information you both bring to the table. You are worth your weight in gold. We highly recommend the family setting (home visit) because then everyone hears the same information, and everyone in the family learns how to help the struggling child. We wish everyone who has a similar child could have the same opportunities we’ve had. THANK-YOU SO MUCH!!! Russell and Deanna Chesser”
From our lovealocalbusiness.com contest entry
We were honored to receive these great comments about our work with families.
- You have a diamond in your midst. My son was fired due to problems of undiagnosed dyslexia. Meadowbrook helped him. Recently he scored 98/100 reading and 96/100 writing for his entrance into Spokane Community College. PLEASE HELP THEM HELP OTHERS. Special Ed Teacher
- We are thrilled with the help we have received through Meadowbrook – Thanks so much! Kris
- Meadowbrook Educational Services is an INCREDIBLE RESOURCE AND TREASURE for Spokane to have. We have been invaluably helped by their services and I recommend them highly to friends! Thank you! Mom of 4
- Thank you for helping my Niece’s children! What a blessing you have been! tiggerjs1
- Before coming here my son’s self esteem had taken a beating at school and he no longer believed he could learn. He thought he was defective. After Meadowbrook he knew that he was smart, special and talented. Most of all he knew he could learn to read. Mary
- My sister in law and brother-in-law are very thankful for the help of Meadowbrook. You are truly a blessing Jen & Chris
- I work with home-schoolers and others and I’m so excited to have an excellent resource that can help children with learning challenges. They do an amazing job. Elaine Cammack
- My daughter has been transformed by the services she received at Meadowbrook. Kara
- They have been a huge blessing to my daughter that lives in Spokane and her ability to Home school my grand children’s spacial learning needs. Gary Molenaar
- Thank you for helping my kids! Matt
- Unique approach to empowering learning disabled children and adults to overcome the challenges in education. Meadowbrook staff is a miracle in my son’s life – what’s more, they truly do care about their clients. I recommend them to everyone in need! Suebee42
- Thank you Renie for helping my kids! Dad of 4
- Satisfying to watch my son see his own improvement in learning skills after having beneficial training that will aid him for life. Great to see a child grow & thrive. He has become more self-reliant & motivated. Skills that will last a lifetime. Satisfied Mom
- [Meadowbrook] Has helped a friend of mine. Linda
- They change lives for the better. Larry
- My friend is very thankful for the help of Meadowbrook. Thanks! VW
- I have worked with the folks at Meadowbrook for years and have seen first hand the fantastic things they do for the families they serve. I even referred a family friend and he had great success when other sources had failed. Keep up the great work. GBL
- I have a friend who says this is a great place. markalanbaker
- My friend is very thankful for the help of Meadowbrook. You are truly a blessing. Gary
- They are a wonderful company. They save children from falling through the cracks in our education system today. They support the child & parents going through a difficult time, and help then over come learning challenges that schools don’t address. Marcy
- This business has shown me how I can grow in problem areas since being diagnosed with dyslexia. Lauren
- This [MES] has done incredible things for education. Michelle
- Meadowbrook is a fantastic program that helps children and adults! so thankful! Olivia
- I want them to keep helping children and adults with learning difficulties. They helped my son and he improved. Aurora
- Everyone benefits when a student who is struggling in school gets the help to learn easily. Many of today’s youth who fail in school will end up being a burden in society and at worst become involved in crime and gangs. Our work has immense impact. Larry, Spokane